Top Cloud Computing Platforms
Earlier we used to store our data in hard drives on a computer. Cloud Computing services have replaced such hard drive technology. Cloud Computing service is nothing but providing services like Storage, Databases, Servers, networking and the software through the Internet.
Few Companies offer such computing services, hence named as “Cloud Computing Providers Companies”. They charge its users for utilizing such services and the charges are based on their usage of services.
In our daily routine, we use this cloud service without our notice like web-based email service, watching movies through the internet, editing documents and storing pictures uses cloud computing on the back-end.
Using such cloud technology we can design and create new applications, store and recover data and hosting the website.
Generally, cloud computing services are categorized into three types.
1) Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): This service provides infrastructure like Servers, Operating Systems, Virtual Machines, Networks, and Storage on a rent basis.
E.g: Amazon Web Service, Microsoft Azure
2) Platform as a Service (PaaS): This service is used in developing, testing and maintaining software. PaaS is the same as IaaS but also provides additional tools like DBMS and BI service.
E.g: Apprenda, Red Hat OpenShift
3) Software as a Service (SaaS): This service makes the users connect to the applications through the Internet on a subscription basis.
E.g: Google Applications, Salesforce
Top Cloud Computing Companies
- Indium Software
- Amazon Web Services
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud Platform
- IBM Cloud
- Red Hat
- Oracle Cloud
- Verizon Cloud
Here we go with a brief review of each company on the list:
Kamatera provides very low-maintenance and high-performance cloud infrastructure services. The cost is also very low for its cloud services (yes, you can set a server as low as $4).
Kamatera Core features:
- Customized and Tailored Made VPS Hosting. They charge only according to what you use. E.g when you add 1 GB RAM you will pay for this only and no need to add extra server resources unnecessary.
- Add or remove servers without any penalty.
- 99.95% Uptime Guaranteed.
- Try 100% free for the 30-days. No hidden fees or any commitment Access all cloud Management Platform features in the trial period as well.
- 24/7/365 Tech Human Support.
- 14 Global Data Centers across 4 continents.
Serverspace – Cloud works on an innovative hyper-converged vStack platform based on superior Open Source technologies. Lightweight bhyve hypervisor and OS FreeBSD with simplified codebase help build new generation virtual machines.
- 99,9% SLA, so the servers will be Reliable or you will get the money refund.
- High-end performance servers.
- Powerful Xeon Gold CPUs VMs are based on the latest 2nd Gen Intel Scalable CPUs with 3.1 GHz frequency and deliver a revolutionary new level of cloud computing.
- Blazing NVMe SSDs. Cloud servers have fast-speed solid-state drives with an awesome IOPS rate. Data is stored 3x and always available with no lags.
- Free of charge 24/7 technical support. Specialists address all the requests promptly and always speak to the point.
- Flexible configurations. You can choose the number of processor cores, the size of RAM, disk storage, bandwidth for each cloud server and change it anytime you like.
- 10-minute billing cycle allows you to pay as you go.
- Spin up your VM via an intuitive control panel in 40 sec. Without long setups and boring docs to read.
phoenixNAP Core Features:
- phoenixNAP is a global IT services provider offering secure and scalable Infrastructure-as-a-Service solutions, including private, public, and managed cloud services.
- phoenixNAP’s Data Security Cloud, Virtual Private Data Center, Managed Private Cloud, and Public Cloud use cutting-edge hardware and software technologies to support evolving business needs.
- In addition to the high-performance cloud platform, phoenixNAP also offers advanced backup, disaster recovery, and availability solutions.
- Delivered on an opex-friendly model, phoenixNAP’s services provide access to enterprise-grade technology at an affordable price.
- phoenixNAP’s cloud computing solutions can help you meet compliance, security, and business continuity goals.
4) Indium Software
Indium Software’s 2+ decades of expertise in digital solutions enable it to identify challenges in cloud adoption and help assuage the roadblocks.
Cloud computing offers enormous potential for businesses to improve scalability, optimize costs, enhance operational efficiency, and more, and Indium Software is your go-to partner for cloud computing services.
Their cloud computing service comprises of:
- Identifying infrastructure requirements for customers to leverage their data and help in setup.
- Setting up extract, transform and load (ETL) processes.
- Providing near-real-time processes to ensure data is available at the right time.
Indium offers a wide range of cloud computing solutions including:
- Cloud advisory
- Cloud testing
- Cloud migration and modernization
- Cloud-native app development
- Cloud operations and management
They enable their clients to have complete control over their cloud infrastructure, whether it is a public cloud, private cloud, or a hybrid model.
pCloud is the secure encrypted cloud storage that can be used for storing, sharing, and working on all your files. It is accessible from anywhere and on any device. It offers various facilities like Teams & access levels, Shared folders, Comments to files & folders, and Activity Monitoring.
With pCloud, you will get increased storage space, unbeatable security, enhanced search, and scalable system.
- pCloud will let you do the file management from the web, desktop, or mobiles.
- Multiple file-sharing options are available.
- It can save versions of the file for a specific period.
- It provides the facility to backup your photos from social media like Facebook, Instagram, and Picasa.
- It provides data security through TLS/SSL encryption.
6) Amazon Web Service (AWS)
- AWS is the safest and protected platform of cloud service which offers a wide set of infrastructure services like database storage, computing power, networking.
- Using this AWS one can host the static websites.
- By using such services, users are able to build complicated applications that are trustworthy, scalable and flexible.
- One can have the hands-on experience of AWS for free.
7) Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Azure is used for deploying, designing and managing applications through a worldwide network.
- Previously Microsoft Azure was known as Windows Azure.
- This Cloud computing service supports various operating systems, databases, tools, programming languages, and frameworks.
- A free trial version of Microsoft Azure is available for 30 days.
8) Google Cloud Platform
- Google Cloud Platform uses resources such as computers, virtual machines, hard disks, etc. located at Google data centers.
- Google Cloud Platform is an integrated storage used by developers and enterprises for live data.
- Apart from the free trial, this service is available at various flexible payment plans based on Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG).
- Adobe offers many products that provide cloud services. Few among them are Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Experience Cloud, and Adobe Document Cloud.
- Adobe Creative Cloud service is a SaaS, that offers its users to access the tools offered by Adobe like editing the videos, photography, graphic designing.
- Adobe Experience Cloud offers its users to access a broad set of solutions for advertising, building campaigns and gaining intelligence on business.
- Adobe Document Cloud is a complete solution for digital documentation.
- VMware is a universal leader in virtualization and Cloud Infrastructure.
- VMware’s cloud computing is exclusive and helps in reducing the IT intricacy, lower the expenses, provides flexible agile services.
- VMware vCloud Air is a safe and protected public cloud platform that offers networking, storage, disaster recovery, and computing.
- VMware’s Cloud solutions facilitate to maximize your organization’s profits of cloud computing by combining the services, technologies, guidance needed to operate and manage the staff.
11) IBM Cloud
- IBM Cloud offers Iaas, PaaS, and SaaS through all the available cloud delivery models.
- Using IBM Cloud one can have the freedom to select and unite your desired tools, data models and delivery models in designing/creating your next-generation services or applications.
- IBM Cloud is used to build pioneering way outs that can gain value for your businesses and industry.
- With the IBM Bluemix Cloud platform, one can incorporate highly performing cloud communications and services into your IT environment.
For more information on IBM, access IBM Cloud.
- Rackspace Cloud offers a set of cloud computing services like hosting web applications, Cloud Files, Cloud Block Storage, Cloud Backup, Databases and Cloud Servers.
- Rackspace Cloud Block Storage uses a combination of solid-state drives and hard drives to deliver high performance.
- Rackspace Cloud Backup uses compression and encryption techniques and provides file-level backups with low cost.
- Customers using Rackspace Cloud services are charged based on their usage.
13) Red Hat
- Red Hat is an Open Cloud technology used by IT organizations to deliver agile and flexible solutions.
- Using Red Hat Cloud we can modernize the apps, update and manage them from a single place and integrate all the desired parts into a single solution.
- Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure helps us to build and manage an open cum private cloud at a low cost.
- Red Hat Open Shift is an open and hybrid service used by developers to develop, deploy, host and delivers the applications quickly.
- Salesforce Cloud Computing offers all the applications required by businesses like CRM, ERP, customer service, sales, mobile applications, and marketing.
- Salesforce cloud computing comprises multiple cloud services like Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud.
- Salesforce Sales Cloud helps in managing the customer’s contact information and automating the business processes.
- Salesforce Service Cloud helps to support customers anywhere at any time.
15) Oracle Cloud
- Oracle Cloud is available as SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS. Oracle Cloud helps the companies in transforming their business quickness and reducing the IT Complexity.
- Oracle Cloud SaaS provides a complete data-driven and secure cloud environment.
- Oracle Cloud PaaS helps IT Enterprises and Independent developers to develop, connect, secure and share data across the applications.
- Oracle Cloud IaaS is a broad set of subscription-based and integrated services that help to run any kind of workload of an Enterprise.
- SAP Cloud Platform is an enterprise service with wide-ranging services required for application development.
- SAP is considered as the best cloud provider as it has powerful business networks, cloud collaboration, and advanced IT security.
- SAP has a universal foundation named SAP HANA for all its cloud services.
- SAP Cloud Platform is modernizing the working style of enterprises on the iPhone and iPad.
17) Verizon Cloud
- Verizon Cloud is built to maintain enterprise workloads with strong security and trustworthy performance.
- With Verizon Cloud, we can choose the flexible services required for our enterprise and secure our data in a personalized environment.
- Using Verizon Cloud, one can trim down the risk and retain the data integrity across the apps.
- Verizon Cloud helps to familiarize you to the varying business circumstances by gaining speed and reliability.
- Navisite provides cloud services for enterprises and mid-sized businesses using sophisticated IT technologies.
- Navisite offers a wide range of cloud service solutions like Cloud Infrastructure services, Cloud desktop solutions, and Cloud hosting services and application services.
- Navisite Cloud solutions facilitate its users in improving disaster recovery and reliability.
- Dropbox is a refined cloud storage service used by small businesses and customers to store files or documents virtually on remote cloud servers.
- Generally, Dropbox serves as an online or cloud personal hard drive.
- Dropbox allows its users to access any saved data or content from any device through an internet connection.
- Dropbox is available as a desktop app, where users can download it and save the files directly in the Dropbox folder located on your desktop.
- Egnyte provides a hybrid cloud way out that combines the cloud storage along with local storage of the accessible infrastructure.
- Using Egnyte one can upload the file of any size and any type.
- One can customize their unique Egnyte domain to replicate their brand by implementing their personal logo on the interface and note headers of Egnyte.
- Egnyte’s Cloud service provides an automatic syncing feature that guarantees that one can access the inaccessible data from any internet connection.
Cloudways is a managed hosting provider ideal for agencies, SMB, and developers who require a hassle-free managed hosting platform that simplifies their business processes.
Cloudways is a PaaS product with the choice of five IaaS including AWS, Google Cloud, DigitalOcean, Linode and Vultr. Deploy unlimited PHP applications such as WordPress, Custom PHP, Magento, and WooCommerce on Cloudways managed servers.
The Cloudways Hosting Stack comprises of Apache, NGINX, Varnish, Redis, Memcached, and MariaDB. Secure managed hosting platform protected by firewalls, TFA, IP Whitelisting and similar security components.
Experience application and server backups, both on-demand and scheduled at a very nominal cost. Choose your own values for backup frequency and retention.